Summer of Cycling
The Tour of Utah’s Summer of Cycling is the ultimate ride for 2018. Get training, support, access to special pro events, a DNA cycling kit, plus entry into events throughout the summer—including the Ultimate Challenge!
For 2018, the Tour of Utah has developed a four-month cycling training program designed to get you ready to ride in “America’s Toughest One-Day ride”—The Ultimate Challenge presented by University of Utah Health. This all-inclusive program includes group training beginning in March, entry into three of the best local organized riding events throughout the summer, access to four Ride with the Pros events, a Tour of Utah cycling kit from DNA Cycling, and more!
Start planning your summer today!
Training and Support
The Summer of Cycling program is more than just rides. Get expert health, nutrition and training programs to make 2018 your best yet on the bike.
- Dedicated support provided by PLAN 7 founder, Dave Harward and PLAN 7 Nutrition Coach Breanne Nalder. Learn more about our Summer of Cycling Team here
- Training Rides hosted by Huntsman 140 along with support from our Summer of Cycling coaches. Training begins March 10.
- Training and Nutrition programs from University of Utah Health and PLAN 7.
- Available discounted upgrades to training, nutrition and bike fitting through PLAN 7.
- Bi-Weekly Summer of Cycling Newsletter with tips and updates.
- Access to neutral support for Summer of Cycling participants at all events.
- Call-ups and starting line preference at all events.
- Summer of Cycling tents and staff at all finish line areas.
Ultimate Challenge Presented by University of Utah Health
It’s all been leading up to this—test your cycling stamina and ride what the pros ride in the Tour of Utah!
- Entry into the ride.
- Starting line placement preference.
- Accommodations at the Canyons Resort on August 10.
- Ultimate Challenge Pasta Party and Meet & Greet with the pros.
Test your training as you build towards the Ultimate Challenge with these classic rides. No need to register for each event. When you sign up for the Summer of Cycling, you’re entered into these events as well.
Salt Lake Marathon Bike Tour (April 21)
Huntsman 140 (June 16)
Snowbird Hill Climb (July 28)
Ride with the Pros
Grab your bike and join us for four exclusive opportunities to ride with your favorite pros throughout the summer.
- Davis County (May)
- Utah County (May)
- Salt Lake City (June)
- Park City (July)
Activities and Special Events
Get special access and admission fees to great activities all summer long.
- Access to all Huntsman 140 VIP events.
- Discounted activity passes at Snowbird Resort.
Summer of Cycling SWAG
Show off your Summer of Cycling in style with the best SWAG around!
- Exclusive Tour of Utah Summer of Cycling Kit from DNA Cycling
- Summer of Cycling T-Shirt
- Summer of Cycling Participation Medal