Summer of Cycling
Train for the Ultimate Challenge with the Summer of Cycling!
Ready for the ultimate training partner to help you take on The Ultimate Challenge? Like the Mick to your Rocky, the Tour of Utah’s Summer of Cycling is here to guide you on the road to your best Ultimate Challenge yet!
For 2019, the Tour of Utah has developed a four-month cycling training program designed to get you ready to ride in “America’s Toughest One-Day ride”—The Ultimate Challenge presented by University of Utah Health. Because your dedication never stops and is always improving, we have upped our game we have added awesome new features to our all-inclusive program including entry into four locally organized riding events. Hit ‘em with all you got, Rock!
Start planning your summer today!
Test your training as you build towards the Ultimate Challenge with these classic rides. No need to register for each event. When you sign up for the Summer of Cycling, you’re entered into these events as well.
Salt Lake City Bike Tour (4/13)
Cache Valley Gran Fondo
Huntsman 140 (6/15)
Ultimate Challenge (8/17)
Training and Support
VIP training rides and skills clinics lead by Plan 7 Endurance Coaching
- Clinics: April 16, May 14, and June 4
- Organized Rides: April 6, April 27, May 18, June 29
- Weekly training rides with Huntsman Hometown Heroes
- Dedicated support provided by PLAN 7 founder, Dave Harward and PLAN 7 Nutrition Coach Breanne Nalder. Learn more about our Summer of Cycling Team here
- Ultimate Challenge Training and Nutrition programs from University of Utah Health.
- Available discounted upgrades to training, nutrition and bike fitting through PLAN 7.
- Summer of Cycling tents and staff at finish lines of 4 signature events.
- Millcreek Cycling Festival – Pro Meet and Greet, date TBD
- Tour de France Viewing Party – July date TBD
- Summer of Cycling VIP tent after Ultimate Challenge
- Discounts on rooms, VIP tickets, and other exclusive Tour of Utah experiences
Access to 25% discount to the multiple events!
- Salt Lake Century/gran fondo (6/1)
- SugarHouse Criterium
- Salt Lake Criterium (7/20)
- Ask about other events too!
Summer of Cycling SWAG
- Summer of Cycling custom designed kit from DNA Cycling, T-shirt and hat from DNA Cycling/li>
- Special Tour of Utah goodies ant every Summer of Cycling event
Program begins April 5 with VIP Kick-off Party at DNA Cycling! Register today!
Cost to Participate: $475