Start Address: 4000 Canyons Resort Dr, Park City, UT 84098
100 Little Cottonwood Canyon, Snowbird, UT 84092
Canyons Village at Park City Mountain (start)
• On Friday night prior to Stage 5 of the Tour of Utah, Canyons Village will host an Ultimate Challenge Pre-Ride Party from 6-8 p.m. with a free concert and a catered dinner ($30 per person).
• Race morning begins at 7:30 a.m. with the start of The Ultimate Challenge ride.
• Activities for the Tour of Utah will include a kids’ bicycle race, Birds of Prey display, face painting, chalk art, and a variety of games.
Snowbird Resort (finish)
• In addition to the Expo (open noon), all activities at Snowbird are available (admission fees apply) for the Mountain Coaster, Alpine Slide, Mountain Flyer, Vertical Drop, Bungee Trampoline, Climbing Wall, Kid's Inflatables and more.
• Little Cottonwood Canyon will be closed to all vehicular and bicycle traffic between 1-5 p.m. A Tour of
Utah Viewing Party will be held at the Swamp Lot on Wasatch Blvd. during this time, with the race
broadcast on a big screen TV and a food truck on site.
If there has been one consistency to the Tour of Utah, it’s the final climb up to Snowbird Resort. In the winter, Snowbird is known for its 500 inches of annual snowfall and powder skiing. In the summer, it’s known for the fan frenzy of Tanners Flat and the shake out of the yellow jersey contenders. Only twice in recent years has the winner of the Snowbird stage worn the winner’s jersey at the end of the week. The race has a new start location at the Canyons Village of Park City Mountain. After exiting the Village, the racers will be challenged by the undulating terrain of Summit County before climbing up Browns Canyon back towards historic Park City and the climb up the Category 1 Guardsmans Pass. Then, riders will have a blistering 15-mile descent that drops almost 5000’ ft to the Salt Lake Valley below. Then, riders finish with a Hors Category climb up Little Cottonwood Canyon where Snowbird Resort awaits.