Panguitch to Torrey
Tuesday, August 5th
- Total Distance 130.7 MI/210.3 KM
- Elevation Gain 10,162 FT/3,097.3 M
- Start 10:15 AM
- Estimated Finish 3:45 PM
|See full results for this stage|
Start Location: 50 North Main Street, Panguitch, Utah 84759
Finish Location: 49 E. Main Street, Torrey, Utah 84775
- First of 4 Ski Utah KOMs at Red Canyon along Highway 63
- Utah Sports Commission Sprint Line in Escalante along Highway 12
- Any of the wonderful pass-through communities such as Tropic, Escalante and Boulder
- Remember, once the race passes you along Highway 12, you won’t be able to pass the peloton
- 7:30 AM – 9:30 AM: Lion’s Club breakfast.
- 9:15 AM: Papa John’s Autograph Alley and Rider Sign in.
- Escalante Party: Monday, August 4th at Escalante Outfitters. Beers, brats and music starting at 6:30 PM.
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Bike Jousting and Bike Croquet at Town Hall Park.
- 1:00 PM: Kids Sprint to the Finish Bike Race presented by UUHC.
- All Day: Lifestyle Expo and race on streaming live on Big screen TV.
Along 200 North
Amazing views and rugged challenges along Scenic Byway 12 return this year as part of the 130.7-mile stage from Panguitch to Torrey. The race takes a northerly serpentine path through Red Canyon, Bryce Canyon National Park, Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and the Dixie National Forest. Racers will encounter 10,162 feet of climbing on this longest stage of the week, passing the scenic towns of Tropic, Escalante and Boulder. After cresting the fourth KOM of the day at Boulder Mountain, the peloton will streak 20 miles along the shadow of Capital Reef National Park for a sprint finish under the canopy of cottonwood trees on Main Street of Torrey.
This stage’s venues
U.S. Forest Service
Operated under Special Use Permit on the Dixie and Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forests.