Snowbasin, one of SKI Magazines top rated customer service resorts, is located less than 35 miles north of Salt Lake City with one of the easiest drives from Salt Lake International Airport as well as quick access to the Park City Area and Downtown Ogden. With 3,000 skiable acres and 3,000 vertical feet, Snowbasin is best known for wide-open bowls, gladed runs, manicured groomers, powder stashes days after a storm, four terrain parks, and rarely a lift line. Snowbasin has world-class snowmaking and one of the most advanced lift systems in the West. Enjoy award-winning cuisine including mountaintop dining with spectacular views and magnificent day lodges. Find out why Snowbasin is consistently recognized as one of the best family resorts in North America!
Snowbasin Resort officially opened in 1940 and two rope tows were installed to pull skiers up Becker Hill. Home to past events such as the NCAA National Ski Championships, 2001 Disabled World Cup and the Utah Winter Games, Snowbasin was also the venue for the Men’s and Women’s 2002 Olympic Winter Games Downhill, Super G, Combined and Paralympic events. Snowbasin Resort is part of the Sinclair Corporation family of companies, which also includes the Grand America, Little America Hotels, Westgate Hotel, and Sun Valley Resort.
- The Ogden area is home to more than 200 miles of maintained trails making for some incredible hiking and biking
- The two rivers that boarder the Ogden area converge in downtown Ogden resulting in great eddies and kayaking parks for the novice and enthusiast alike
- Downtown Ogden boasts the only urban Blue Ribbon Fishery in the Western U.S. with 6,000 fish per mile (that’s one fish per linear foot!)
- Three amazing ski resorts which consistently rank in the top 10 in reader polls and resulted in the Ogden area being named the #1 Ski Town in the U.S. by Powder Magazine
- Base Elevation: 6,450 feet (1,966 meters), Summit Elevation: Top of Mt. Allen Tram: 9,366 feet (2,855 meters), Vertical Drop: 2,915 feet (889 meters), Terrain: 20% Novice; 50% Intermediate; 30% Expert and includes Alpine Skiing/Snowboard, and Cross Country.
- Average Annual Snowfall: 300 inches (762 cm)
- You can also take your adventure indoors at the Salomon Center where indoor skydiving, surfing and rock climbing will add an additional thrill
- Home of Weber State University
- Easy to access with direct flights on Allegiant from the greater Phoenix area and only 45 minutes from Salt Lake International Airport
- The transcontinental railroad met just north of here and Union Station, located in the heart of downtown Ogden, became the place that you “couldn’t get anywhere without coming through Ogden.” This left us with a railroad legacy and lots of great stories of bootlegging, brothels, and trouble!
- Union Station is at the foot of Historic 25th Street. A revitalized district full of independently owned restaurants, unique shopping, and beautiful art galleries
- Fantastic family destination with an award-winning Children’s Museum, a wildlife sanctuary and a hands-on dinosaur museum, park, and research facility