Brian Head hosts the start of Stage 1 of the 2013 Tour of Utah on Tuesday, August 6. Located in the mountains of Southern Utah, Brian Head has been a gathering place for thousands of years. Whether it was Native American tribes, early settlers, or travelers of the twenty-first century, Brian Head is the place to be. With elevations ranging from 9,800 to 11,300 feet, the mountains offer fun with every season. Cool summer temperatures in the 70s are perfect for hiking, biking, and exploring the alpine forests of the Markagunt Plateau.
BRIAN HEAD FACTS
- Brian Head is the highest incorporated community in the State of Utah and the third highest in the nation with a base elevation of 9,800 feet.
- Brian Head has a base population of 83 full-time residents.
- Brian Head Resort opened for skiing in 1964-65 and the Town was incorporated in 1975.
- Brian Head averages over 350 inches of snow per year.
- There are over 40 miles of public and private trails for hiking, biking and ATV riding.
- Brian Head is three miles from the Cedar Breaks National Monument.
LOCAL EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
- Join us the weekend before the Tour for our Festival of Flavors Beer Festival (August 2-4).
- Lift-served mountain biking, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday – Tuesday (August 2-6).
- Rock climbing wall (at the base of Brian Head Resort) all summer.
- 18-holes of lift-served, disc golf starting at 10,800 ft. Friday – Tuesday (August 2-6).
- Scenic lift rides: Take the Giant Steps lift up to 11,000 feet for beautiful red rock vistas of Cedar Breaks National Monument.
- Additional summer activities and information including schedules available at BrianHead Resort
ATTRACTIONS: VISIT THE NATIONAL PARKS
Cedar Breaks National Monument is located five miles from the center of Brian Head or take a day trip to either Bryce Canyon or Zion National Park all within a two hour drive.
ACCOMMODATIONS & LODGING
Spend the weekend in the unique and beautiful mountain town of Brian Head. Brian Head has a variety of hotels, lodges, restaurants, and other businesses to meet your needs as you explore Southern Utah.
DoubleTree Resort & Spa by Hilton Brian Head is located at the Brian Head Ski Resort area and surrounded by Utah’s magnificent scenery. At this ideal hotel for lovers of the great outdoors, guests spend time cycling, mountain biking, skiing, fishing, hunting and hiking in one of America’s greatest natural getaways. The spacious guest rooms and suites at this Brian Head hotel feature rustic decor and premier amenities to make your stay comfortable. Call for reservations today.
Located at the base of Brian Head Resort ski area, The Cedar Breaks Lodge offers the perfect amenities for a mountain stay.Visitors can also enjoy both motorized and non-motorized trails for ATVs, hiking and biking just outside the hotel doors.